Spain is one of the most popular countries in the world for those looking to obtain a permanent residence by investment. And it is no wonder why. Spain offers several benefits to those who choose to make it their home.
Through the Residences Visa Law introduced in 2013, non-EU citizens can acquire a Spanish residence permit through qualified investments. Applying for Spain Residence by Investment is an excellent way to gain residency in one of Europe’s most beautiful countries and enjoy all the benefits that come with it, including visa-free travel within the Schengen Area, access to quality healthcare and education, and the potential for permanent residence and citizenship.
So, if you are looking for a way to live in one of Europe’s most beautiful countries, Spain Residence by Investment may be the perfect option. Endevio can walk you through the process of applying for the Spain Residence by Investment Programme.
- Benefits of the Spain Residence by Investment Programme
- Eligibility Requirements
- Investment Options
Benefits of the Spain Residence by Investment Programme
Spain is an ideal destination for investors seeking to obtain permanent residence by investment for the following reasons:
1. Live and Work in Spain
You could live and work in Spain through the Spain Golden Visa. This is an excellent opportunity to explore a new country and expand your professional network.
2. Lifestyle and Culture
Spain is renowned for its sunny climate and Mediterranean lifestyle. The country is also home to many world-class cities, including Barcelona, Madrid, and Valencia, which offer a wealth of culture and nightlife.
3. Access to the EU
Spain is a member of the European Union, offering residents many advantages, including free movement throughout the EU.
4. High-quality Medical Care and Education
The programme is an incredible opportunity for those who want to improve their quality of life through access to healthcare and educational institutions.
5. No Language Proficiency Requirements
Unlike other residence by investment programmes in Europe, Spain does not require Spanish language proficiency.
6. Applying with Dependants
The residence permit applies to the main investor and the spouse or partner, including those unmarried or in same-sex unions and economically-dependent descendants.
7. Path to Citizenship
You can apply for citizenship after ten (10) years of residence in Spain. For Sephardi Jews and citizens of Equatorial Guinea, Latin America, and the Philippines, only two (2) years of residence in Spain are required to apply for citizenship.
To qualify for the Spain Residence by Investment Programme, the investor must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Be a non-EU/EEA citizen;
- Make the qualifying investment;
- Provide proof of financial means;
- Hold the qualifying investment for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Have a clean criminal record;
- Have health insurance issued by an insurance entity in Spain; and
- Provide other documents as may be required.
The Spain Golden Visa does not require donation or contribution to any fund. Investors who want to acquire a permanent residence by investment have three (3) options:
1. Financial Investments
The investor has the following options:
- Minimum investment of EUR 2,000,000 in Spanish public debt securities;
- Stocks or shares worth at least EUR 1,000,000 in Spanish companies;
- Minimum investment of EUR 1,000,000 in investment or venture capital funds in Spain; or
- Minimum EUR 1,000,000 in bank deposits in financial institutions based in Spain.
2. Real Estate Purchase
The minimum purchase of unencumbered real estate is EUR 500,000.
3. Business Project
There is no minimum amount required under this option, but the business project must:
- Be considered to be of general interest in job creation
- Have a significant socio-economic impact on the area where the business project is to be undertaken; or
- Contribute to economic or technological innovation.
Applicants will have to apply to the Spanish Embassy in their home country for a residence visa valid for one year. During this period, the applicant must go to Spain to exchange the residence visa for the residence permit. The residence permit in Spain is valid for two (2) years and renewable for five (5) years, provided the minimum investment is maintained. After a continuous residence of five (5) years, you can apply for permanent residence.
Spain is an excellent choice for those looking to gain residency in Europe, and the process of applying for Spain Residence by Investment is a straightforward process that offers many benefits.